Ancient Sunrise Henna for Gray Hair Black Kit Sample Kit
Last Updated: 10/22/2020
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Gray Hair Black Kit SamplePlease read these instructions fully before beginning. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Ancient Sunrise® Customer Service: https://www.mehandi.com/Articles.asp?ID=256
Note: Coloring hair black with henna and indigo requires two applications. The first application with henna will leave light hair orange or red. The second application with indigo will result in black.
Contents:One 3g packet of High Dye Content Henna (mixed with Malluma Kristalovino)
One 3g packet of Zekhara Indigo
Definitions:High Dye Content Henna – The best henna for gray coverage. This is also known as Rajasthani Twilight Henna.
Malluma Kristalovino – (Potassium Bitartrate) A mild powdered fruit acid that replaces fruit juice or other acidic liquids.
Zekhara Indigo – The most finely-sifted indigo powder. Great for relaxed, natural, and/or fragile hair.
Fruit Acid – A powder that is acidic enough to dye-release henna.
Rainwash – An all-natural product from Ancient Sunrise® that gently removes mineral build-up.
Clarifying Shampoo – A chelating shampoo that removes mineral build-up from the hair.
What to Expect:This sample kit contains enough to conduct a strand test on hair collected from a hairbrush, or a 1-inch section of hair on the head. To get black, you will need to complete a two-step application process. The color of the hair after the first application may be a bright red/orange. The color of the hair after the second application should be black but may need a few days to settle into a deep black.
Directions:1 st Step
1) Pour 3g packet of Twilight henna (premixed with Malluma Kristalovino) into any bowl.
2) Slowly stir in room temperature distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
3) Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature (68-72°F or 20-22°C) for 8 to 12 hours.
4) Clean hair section immediately prior to application. Treat hair with Rainwash, then a detergent shampoo (or use a clarifying shampoo instead of Rainwash and a detergent shampoo). Avoid conditioner and other hair products.
5) Apply henna paste thickly to hair sample.
6) Cover hair with plastic wrap and leave for 2 to 3 hours. If using hair collected from a hair brush, place hair in plastic wrap in a warm area, such as a pocket, in front of a heater, or in a hot car to simulate body heat.
7) Soak and swish hair in warm water to remove paste.
2 nd Step
9) Pour 3g packet of Zekhara Indigo into any bowl.
10) Slowly stir in room temperature or lukewarm distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
11) Immediately apply indigo paste to hair, thickly.
12) Cover hair with plastic wrap and leave on for 2 to 3 hours. If using hair collected from a hair brush, place hair in plastic wrap in a warm area, such as a pocket, in front of a heater, or a hot car to simulate body heat.
13) Soak and swish hair in warm water to remove paste.
14) Shampoo and condition.