Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Kit: Black
Last Updated: 04/16/2020
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Black KitPlease read these instructions fully before beginning. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Ancient Sunrise® Customer Service: https://www.mehandi.com/Articles.asp?ID=256
Note: Coloring hair black with henna and indigo requires two applications. The first application with henna will leave light hair orange or red. The second application with indigo will result in black.
Contents:One 100g packet of Monsoon Henna
One 6g packet of Malluma Kristalovino
One 100g packet of Sudina Indigo
Definitions:Monsoon Henna – Standard body art quality henna.
Malluma Kristalovino – (Potassium Bitartrate) A mild powdered fruit acid that replaces fruit juice or other acidic liquids.
Sudina Indigo – Standard indigo powder.
Fruit Acid – A powder that is acidic enough to dye-release henna.
Rainwash – An all-natural product from Ancient Sunrise® that gently removes mineral build-up.
Clarifying Shampoo – A chelating shampoo that removes mineral build-up from the hair.
What to Expect:This full sized kit contains enough product to cover hair 5 inches or shorter. The color of the hair after the first application may be a bright red/orange. The color of the hair after the second application should be black but may need a few days to settle into a deep black.
Directions:1 st Step
1) Pour 100g packet of Monsoon and Malluma Kristalovino into any bowl.
2) Slowly stir in room temperature distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
3) Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature (68-72°F or 20-22°C) for 8 to 12 hours.
4) Clean hair immediately prior to application. Treat hair with Rainwash, then a detergent shampoo (or use a clarifying shampoo instead of Rainwash and a detergent shampoo). Avoid conditioner and other hair products.
5) Apply henna paste thickly to hair in 1/4 inch sections.
6) Cover hair with plastic wrap and leave for 2 to 3 hours.
7) Soak and swish hair in warm water to remove paste.
8) Shampoo. Do not add conditioners or hair products to hair before the indigo application.
2 nd Step
9) Pour 100g packet of Sudina Indigo into any bowl. (Add 1 teaspoon of table salt to help indigo stick better; add 1/2 a teaspoon of CMC powder to make the indigo paste creamier.)
10) Slowly stir in room temperature or lukewarm distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
11) Immediately apply indigo paste to hair, thickly in 1/4 inch sections.
12) Cover hair with plastic wrap and leave on for 2 to 3 hours.
13) Soak and swish hair in warm water to remove paste.
14) Shampoo and condition.
Tags: black kit instructions, full sized black kit, standard black kit, henna for hair black kit, monsoon henna, sudina indigo, kit instructions