Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Kit: Chai
Last Updated: 11/11/2021
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Chai KitPlease read these instructions fully before beginning. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact Ancient Sunrise® Customer Service: https://www.mehandi.com/Articles.asp?ID=256
Contents:One 50g packet of High dye Content Henna (Twilight)
62.5g packet of Nightfall Rose
Two 100g packets of Clarity Cassia
One 50g packet of Sudina Indigo
Definitions:High Dye Content Henna – The best henna for gray coverage. This is also known as Rajasthani Twilight Henna
Nightfall Rose – (Dried Aronia Prunifolia) naturally contains anthocyanin pigments to add ash tones.
Clarity Cassia- Standard cassia auriculata powder.
Sudina Indigo – Standard indigo powder.
Fruit Acid – A powder that is acidic enough to dye-release henna.
Rainwash – An all-natural product from Ancient Sunrise® that gently removes mineral build-up.
Clarifying Shampoo – A chelating shampoo that removes mineral build-up from the hair.
What to Expect:This kit has enough product to cover hair that is midback length. The color of the hair after the application may be brighter and lighter than expected. This will darken and settle over the course of 5 to 7 days.
Directions:1) Pour 50g of Henna, 200g of Cassia, and 62.5g of Nightfall Rose into any bowl.
2) Slowly stir in room temperature distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
3) Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave at room temperature (68-72°F or 20-22°C) for 8 to 12 hours.
4) Clean hair immediately prior to application. Treat hair with Rainwash, then a detergent shampoo (or use a clarifying shampoo instead of Rainwash and a detergent shampoo). Avoid conditioner and other hair products.
After dye-releasing for 8-12 hours…
5) Pour 50g of Sudina Indigo into any bowl. (Add 1/2 teaspoon of table salt to help indigo stick better; add 1/4 teaspoon of CMC powder to help make indigo paste creamier.)
6) Slowly stir in room temperature or lukewarm distilled water until the paste slowly drips off of your mixing utensil.
7) Combine cassia/henna/fruit acid and indigo pastes. Mix thoroughly.
9) Immediately apply paste thickly to hair in 1/4 inch sections.
10) Cover hair with plastic wrap and leave on for three hours.
11) Soak and swish hair in warm water to loosen paste.
12) Shampoo and condition.